Tonight it is just…
- There is a very good reason I don’t pick football games professionally. I suck at it. I mean look at today: KC — OUT. Rams — OUT. Those were my dark horse contenders for the AFC and NFC championships respectively. I’m not good at that.
- Been sick the last few days. It has done much to crush my spirits.
- Watched Geostorm today. Raised my spirits. Call it evil, but I like bad sci fi. Geostorm is really bad sci fi. In truth, it is bad storytelling overall and that made it even more fun. I was all MST 3K in the theater. I could’ve been teaching my kids bad habits, but who cares?
- My kids… They legitimately go all gremlin-like after 8 pm. Overtired is a real thing.
- Haven’t done a pure Some Thoughts in a while and it feels good to get it all down on… online?
- Back to the kids: They have to wear helmets for NFL redzone 7 on 7 football. Yeah, the NFL overcorrected there.
- Note from my partner found at my writing desk: Dear Writer, your butt here… I kept the note.
- It is a strange strange feeling to be so close to the life you want to live and yet so separate from it that it feels like you’re watching it through a window. The problem is, I cannot turn away and I cannot get inside to be a part of that life, so I wind up stuck. Nothing moves forward. Nothing moves at all.
- Maybe this is the universe’s way of giving me some legitimate heartache to transpose into writing and use to access the writer’sphere where I believe all story comes from.
- Maybe I’m looking for an excuse why I’m not fully kicking ass as a writer.
- Maybe I ought to not need one.
- If garbage in, garbage out is a truism then what I actually need is to purge a great deal of the nonsense I’ve been consuming and fall back into a realm of very good writing and translate that into very productive writing of my own.
- It isn’t as if there are not stories to be written. There is an entire collection of short stories I want to put out, but I’m not quite there yet.
- Not quite there yet is the story of my life and I believe that at this mid-life point I am beginning to run out of time.
- At least I stopped comparing myself to others by age of accomplishment. I have continued to compare to others by overall accomplishment.
- On the bright side, I sense a narrowing of focus to the things that truly matter most.
- One of those things… the thing… is the shared happiness between my partner and I. That, of course is the one thing I have the least power to control and the one thing that occupies the most of my energy.
- The rest falls to the kids and the money issue. That last one is a huge one. The money issue is one that seems to be the crux of my problems. Less money, more problems. You were wrong there, Biggie. Now I gotta get right.